Saturday, February 28, 2009

New Things

I just finally replaced those awful speakers I've been dealing with for the past few years. There was an issue with the power connection on them, and my jerry-rigged solution finally gave out. I had the power cord pegged underneath my computer monitor, and a deck of magic cards holding pressure on the speaker. It was awful. Anyway, these are nothing crazy - just a $40 2.0 system that doesn't sound awful. Insignias from Future Shop.

I also bought headphones - after so foolishly leaving my other pair in a classroom, I decided I would shell out for another pair and just take much better care of them. Sennheiser PMX-60's. I like them so far, and bought the replacement warranty, so I can be abusive to them like I'd like to be. .. I also just checked them out online and found I've overpaid by about $20. Presently deciding if it's worth the hassle of returning them and waiting for shipping.

Going to work on 2750 tonight, and probably watch some Scrubs. I've got big ideas for how to reorganize that code - and I'm excited to get in there and do this right. Also bought a sweater that I swear Sheldon could wear.

A sentence I'm happy with: "Sometimes you make me feel... Like I am Worf and we are on the Starship Enterprise."

No comments: