Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm back.

I didn't forget about this (these) blog(s). I didn't stop posting for a lack of things to post. I didn't lose motivation or stop for any of the reasons I have before. This time I had something else to do that was more important - and I wasn't going to let myself spend time here when I knew I should be there. I procrastinated on it for a long time regardless, and I've finally moved past.

So let's get these cogs a cranking.

In the time I've been gone, I've flown on my first airplane, stayed in a hotel alone for the first time, climbed my first mountain, played my first game of whirlyball, had a highway cleared so my friends and I could ride along it, bought a second laptop, started an internship at Microsoft, and spent my first whole month (well, more than) in a different country. It's been quite a journey - and it's not nearly over yet.

I can't wait to be back in Canada, but I've got the rest of my work left to do, my first time skydiving to have, PAX to attend, and who knows what else? I miss my friends and family, but I'm having a good time here and I've made some new connections too. I can't say much about my work other than that I'm working on Office, and I'm coding a small feature that'll be present in a few of the major apps in Office 2010.

I've been learning lisp, listening to a lot of music, learning some foundational graphic design, and working a bit on Awesome. I'll update again soon; I have things I can show - pictures and personal work and such.

Catch you on the flipside.

No comments: